Sunday, January 27, 2008

Something about my Albums


Volume I includes some of my all time favorite songs. It is what I call “Industrial Strength” Country Music. There are, of course, other great country songs and they follow in the other Volumes. This particular collection was my first “live” recording so I’m particularly partial to it. Hope you enjoy these great songs as much as I do. I went a little overboard with 19 songs, and the licensing is expensive, but I wanted a CD that expressed my thoughts on Honky Tonk music and took one back to a time when country music artists were anything but generic. “Enjoy”

PS. I’ve put samples in my website http://www.wichitacountry.com/ (Listen) to give you a taste of the CDs.

PSS. Wanted to mention that Wichita had the privilege performing some of these songs as part of opening act for Tammy Wynette, at the Clark Country Fair one summer. The bleachers and infield were pacted....12 - 15 thousand people. Anyway, we started up on Six Days On The Road, doing a sort of Country Rock arrangement of mine and the crowd went nuts. We feared a stampeed for the stage, but kept playing. Tammy Wynette's band came out from the mainstage dressing room and stood in front of the stage and watched. We did an extra verse and instrumental and ended. Wichita's ex-wife was in the audience and said the crowd really liked the song. The applause went on and on. Two of the people in that band are no longer with us, the drummer and the pedal steel player...huge loss to the music community. Our band also performed many of the songs on this CD at the 4th of July Fireworks show at the Vancouver, Wa., main stage, in the early '80s. Crowds at that time averaged between 40 - 50 thousand people. The Vancouver Fireworks have been the largest 4th of July display, West of the Mississippi River, for decades. What a thrill to play for a sea of enthusiastic faces.

No comments: