Sunday, January 27, 2008

Song List
1. Crazy Arms
2. Blue Eyes Cryin’ In The Rain
3. Faded Love
4. Always On My Mind
5. Luckenbach Texas
6. My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys
7. Seven Spanish Angels
8. Good Hearted Woman
9. Forgiving You Was Easy
10. Mammas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys
11. Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground
12. Poncho And Lefty
13. Stardust
14. On The Road Again
15. The Party’s Over


Somewhere along the line, I think in the late ‘70s, people started telling me I sounded a lot like Willie Nelson…at least on some of his songs. In the mid-'80s I entered a Willie sound alike contest at Jubitz Truck Stop in Portland, Oregon. KWJJ also sponsoring a birthday party for Willie, there. Several people got up on the stage and sang, but none really sounded like Willie. Then it was my turn. I started singing and everybody stopped talking and the dancers stopped dancing. I thought they were going to kick me out of the place, but the show’s MC said; “I think they want you to sing some more.”… sooo I did. I got a lot of nice prizes and a boost to the ego. Anyway, over the years, I’ve sung most of Willie’s songs. The above listed, on the album, are most requested. Again, check out the Samples...www.wichitacountry.com. Thanks.





No comments: