Sunday, January 27, 2008

Volume 3


Song List
1. Be My Baby Tonight
2. On The Other Hand
3. Tennessee Waltz
4. Don’t Rock The Jukebox
5. Family Tradition
6. Here’s A Quarter Call Someone Who Cares
7. The Whiskey Ain’t Workin’ Any More
8. Welcome To My World
9. Go Johnny Go (AKA Johnny B. Goode)
10. Neon Moon
11. Country Club
12. He’ll Have To Go
13. Dumas Walker
14. Unchained Melody
15. Chattahoochee
Here we go with Album Three. This album was created from requests to put together a party collection of dance tunes in the order one might hear at a club where I am playing. There is a good mix of dance and vocal styles. All of the songs I have recorded are songs that have been requested over the years. There is a good mix of swing, country cha-cha, waltz, ballad, and rock-a-billy styles. Please check out samples of songs at my website www.wichitacountry.com (Listen).
These songs bring back such great memories. Performing these songs has been such a priviledge. Every Wednesday night for 12 years ole Wichita sang for a singles dance at the Vancouver, Wa. Eagles Lodge...the house was always packed. Seems like that's the way it was for thirty of the last forty years. Most of these fine folks were around retirement age, or older, and to watch them dance every song for four hours was something. I'm still not quite at that age, but hope that I can keep up that kind of activity level when I get there. Also, I played at many of the other "Critter" clubs (Eagles, Moose, and Elks Lodges) and public bars/lounges up and down the West Coast for almost 40 years. I know, the math doesn't add up to my age, but started playing clubs when I was young. Had to stay in the kitchen on breaks until I was old enough to grow a beard. Then nobody asked my age. Times change and people coming up have other tastes in music and what they call dancing. It's time to let others have their turn at the stage, but I'm not giving up. "I will find a stage somewhere in the local area to perform". Love you all, thanks for your support over the years and hope you continue to enjoy Wichita's CDs.

No comments: